Pages

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

REVIEW: Wet n Wild Megalast Liquid Lip Color

Today, I am reviewing the Wet n Wild Megalast Liquid Lip Color in the shade Cherry On Top and High-Pitched Wine. This is a part of their permanent line of lip colors and I see that these are available in all Wet n Wild counters at Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, and Kmart.




Right off the bad, I am sorry to have to say this but I DO NOT recommend this lip product at all!

I remember getting these shades during one of my Walgreens trip sometime last year and they were having a BOGO sale for the ones with the membership card with them. I was so intrigued by it because I genuinely loved the Megalast Lipsticks so I had high expectations from these:

922A Cherry On Top and 931A High-Pitched Wine

Closer look

Cherry On Top is a classic orange-toned red that’s really bright and flattering on any skin-tone

High-Pitched Wine is dusty mauve shade and very neutral on the lips

If I were to say anything good about these products it’s probably the pigmentation and the initial application of it. The applicator, which is a flat sponge tip, I am 50/50 about just because there is nothing special about it.

Initial swatch, you can see that it is very liquid-y and the pigmentation is just super. The colors are very true to the packaging as well which is really sad, if only it performed very well too :(

Initial application

After around 10 seconds or so, you can see that it starts setting into a completely matte and dry finish, which I normally like, but unfortunately it is just so inexplicably uncomfortable on the lips!!!!

I have tried so many other ways to use this like exfoliating the lips before hand, applying some lipbalms - Burt’s Bees, EOS, Nivea - even resorting to the slickest and most moisturizing lipbalm that I know which is the Carmex in both the tube and the stick form but none of it worked. It still becomes so dry and blotchy and just all around UNCOMFORTABLE!

The price point is pretty cheap, I think these go for around $2-$3 per tube depending on where you buy them but I definitely would steer clear from this if I were you. Definitely one of the worst lip products I have ever tried and it’s sad that it’s from Wet n Wild which is a brand I normally adore!

xo,
Cams

No comments:

Post a Comment