Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Make Up Books by Claire's

Hi, guys! I was window shopping on-line (as always) when I bumped into these super cute make up palettes by Claire's. And they reminded me so much of those high end packaging from famous brands like The Balm, Benefit, Too Faced and Urban Decay.

Now, we all know that the palettes from these brands have sky high prices so opted to go look for alternatives. Although I am also aware that these popular brands are sold at a particular price range for a reason— they are of good quality. But I was browsing through (one of my most favorite YouTube gurus) EmilyNoel83's channel and one of her videos called Surprisingly Awesome Make Up Products featured Claire's eyeshadows being nice and pigmented!

And this is a guru I truly admire and trust when it comes to reviews. Her opinions and her commentary about certain products even those that were sent to her for free are always so honest and sincere. I see that she doesn't praise these products just because they were freebies but she's always so specific about the hits and misses, pros and cons, and whatnots. I really love her!

So anyway, I am drifting. Here are the super cute palettes I originally wanted to talk about. They are called Make Up Books by Claire's and they are extremely cute and pretty! I really love the flip book, high end-ish quality that I see just looking at them in these photos:


More after the jump!




First up...


This palette is originally $16 USD each but currently under their Buy 1 Get Half Off promo so you are gonna get 2 of these or another palette for like less or a bit more than $24. Not bad, I must say!


Cost $14 USD each but also in their Buy 1 Get 50% Off on the next product promo. Definitely claiming this as one of my most favorite palettes form this line because of the roses, the vintage-y, and very feminine look it has. Everything about this palette is super pretty! The design, even the blush shades that came with it, although the downside would have to be that I am not a big fan of lip glosses. And I can tell that the blushes have a bit of a shimmer in them which I'm not really fond of to be honest.
I'm really the sort who always go for anything MATTE when it comes to make up and that's just me :)


Now this is probably MY MOST favorite among all the palettes as I have no words for the very intricate envelope design it has. I love it so much because I love doing these random arty-fartsy things in PhotoShop and this is something I would consider inspiring in many different ways!

Is this palette perfect or what!

I'm referring to the shades of the shadows. Totally wearable in my opinion. These are not my favourite colors but considering that some palettes that you get would give you colors that half you cannot exactly wear on a daily basis, this one by Claire's is a pretty good, versatile eyeshadow palette!

I am not sure about the blues though but knowing that there's a dark and a lighter shade will make a perfect gradient effect on the eyes especially during parties! And by parties, I don't mean clubbing cos I don't really enjoy going there but I mean functions which I have to attend with my family every once in a while:) So anyway, going back to the make up book, beautiful range of colors, don't you think so too? That dark brown, the champagnes (to warm the eyes), and the redish orange one right there is just absolutely gorge!

Costs $10 USD and also included in their Buy 1 Get 1 half off promo :)


Isn't this a really pretty-looking palette? And mind you, it costs a lot less than you possibly think because this one is in their clearance section and you can get this for just $3.99 USD! Say wuuuut? Another thing is when you look at it, you can tell that it is packed with a lot of colors and a wide range of products! I can see some free applicators/brushes, some eyeshadow colors, blushes, face powder, a shade for contour/bronzing, and a lip palette in the corner, and 2 tubes that I'm assuming are a small tube of lipgloss and mascara. More about the mascara in a bit by the way. But great value, eh? :)

Not included in their Buy 1 Get 1 half off promo because this product is on clearance.


Evidently, the Bookcase Kit is packed with a wide range of colors as well!

They sell this for $20 USD and this is under their B1G1 50% off promo too so if you plan on getting another one as a gift or for keeps then this will technically go only $12.50 each! Still expensive for me though :/

More on the whole look of this one, I can say that this is also very cute and chic. I am not sure about the applicators though. If I were to get this palette, definitely throwing those away and I'd rather use my brushes because I am no pro and I'd rather make use of the easier tools I have lol

I do not own any make up palette specifically by Claire's by the way. And the way that I am talking about these eyeshadows, and lip stuff is because I currently have an ICING palette and if you didn't know, ICING is a brand under Claire's, pretty much the same company, and the palette I have is the one with the drawers. It has powder foundation, contour, blush, 3 shades of lipgloss (which all smelled really good but I do not use cos I am not a fan of glossy lips) and it also came with a mascara.

Now, I said I was gonna talk about the mascara a while ago and the thing is, if I were to be truly honest about this, I do not quite trust mascaras from random brands because I do not like smudging mascara! Not only do I hate them but I am so traumatized with them!

I remember during my first few days on my previous work in the office, I had a very emotional day and I was crying while doing paper works when I realized my mascara was smearing and running through my cheeks! It was so embarrassing. I cried more because of that embarrassment than the original problem I had that day to be honest lol I laugh it off now but goodness gracious! That day was just horrible.

LOL I'm sorry for inserting that story out but my point is, I would never use free mascaras especially when they are brands I haven't tried yet on my day out. I would probably give it a test run upon getting them to see if they at least do not smear or smudge. A Claire's, ICING, or a random mascara have yet to prove me wrong but for now, I guess I'd stick with my Maybelline and Wet n Wild Waterproof ones because they have surely not let me down... so far lol

Anyway, here are more cuteness galore Make Up Books by Claire's that I found on-line. These designs however are no longer on sale but they are just super duper cute and they deserve to be in this post. I actually feel terrible right now that I never got them when they were still around:(

Love Is In The Air - That so 70's!

Peace And Love - Another hippie one!!! *weeps*

Sweet Shop - I wanna cry right now! :(

This one I think was also pretty neat! :'(

Aaaahhhhhh!!! Looking at them makes me wanna go to my local Claire's to check out what's left!
I cannot believe I missed a lot of really pretty book designs! I just hope they costs a little more affordable. Honestly, that $20 book palette for me was too expensive already! I'd say make the most color-packed $15 LOL just saying :)

Anyways, how about you? Which ones of these Claire's palettes did you like? :)

1 comment:

  1. oh goshhhh i like themmm. actually i saw them at claires.com but i didn't buy it because i didn't have US address. But now i have. you know, i bought believe in love make up very very cheap. i put it in cart but i didn't pay it directly as i had to do something else. and the next day when i check my claires, they were already 75% off, so i put more and more items in cart :D so i got this believe makeup for only 3.5USD.
    and yes, the items in your pictures aren't in the list anymore. i have another one, similar to believe in love, it's written 'with love' with eiffel as the background. i bought it in Zurich for 16franc. im in indonesia, we dont have claires store here :(

    Dian

    ReplyDelete