Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

Brushes For Painting... And Then Some!

I'm a huge eyeliner fan! And recently, I have been purchasing a few cream gel eyeliners, testing and trying out which one's the best and by ‘best’ y'all know it means taking in consideration, the price.

So as I am trying to make my way through these heaps of gel liner brands, I finally figured out that not only is discovering something of good quality— one that doesn't smudge, is waterproof (very important), stays on for a long time, and is affordable— the key, you must also know that using the perfect brush/applicator is also a must to achieve whatever effect you want on your lash line:)


More after the jump!;)



Went for a quick Walmart run with my cousins when I found this Daler-Rowney Nylon Detail Paintbrush set for around $6 for a 10 piece package!! Ain't it swell?

I mean, a normal cosmetic brush go for like $5 EACH. And this is like $6 for TEN pieces!
Now, now. If you're skeptical about the quality or softness of these brushes, think about how they are super ideal for painting. They are quite sturdy. I tried pulling some of the bristles and nothing, not even 1 strand came off.

And I also like how they are super soft and tiny.

In this photo you can see 4 flat ones. One is angled (1st photo far right) and one really small which is perfect for filling in my eyebrows. The 2 bigger ones on the side I use for smudging.

Center photo you can see the top 2 brushes that I use for eyeliner.
That's the angled brush from the flat kinds. You can tell that they are overused cos they're dirty! lol

The 3rd photo you can see the pointed brushes. First brush from far left is the same brush on the center photo. I use that for lining my eyes using cream gel eyeliners and it works perfectly! I love how fine the tip is which makes it a lot easier to line the lash line.

2nd to 4th pointed brushes I believe are also great for eyeliners, while the last two are amazing lip brushes:)

I cannot believe the whole thing was super cheap!
Thinking of going to Ben Franklins or any craft store to go look for other brushes I can use for cosmetic purposes. For now, I am so happy that I was able to get so many nice brushes for just $6!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Very good deal, Cams! Plus, very smart buyer! Matry nga yan! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Hehehe thank you, dear! It's the best eyeliner brush I've tried so far!:)

      Delete
  2. Ngayon ko lang narealize na pwede din nga namang gamitin mga paint brush para sa make up. Hahahaha! Try ko din to! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! You must try it :) They're inexpensive and very durable compared to the $6 ones that shed too much :D Yipeeeee:) Lemme know how it goes!

      Delete